Posts Tagged ‘birthday’
Today is Jim’s birthday. I met him at his birthday party, married him a year later, and now here we are, sixteen birthdays later.
I’m the lucky one. I am married to the funniest, most sane man I’ve ever known. He works hard. Is sensible.
He makes me laugh harder than anyone else I know.
He’s been a dedicated dad. He’s coached baseball, soccer, basketball, and floor hockey. He’s been out there in the snow and the heat.
I thank God for him every day!
Happy Birthday, Jim!
Check out other Wordless Wednesday entries here! Make sure to share yours!
It was my birthday Saturday and we celebrated with the usual chocolate cream pie. Yum!!!
I am totally stealing this idea from Carolyn over at this talk ain’t cheap. She is a genius! Instead of leaving half-assed clues out and about in preparation for Mother’s Day and, in my case, my May 12th birthday, I’m spelling out what I want. Thank you, Carolyn!
If you make a list, let me know so I can get ideas. If you want me to send it anonymously to your family, I’ll do that too!
I’m stealing this from Carolyn’s list. Except I want the Epiphanie camera bag in turquoise. Jim should appreciate my need for this after seeing me schlep my purse and my camera bag to the Foreigner concert last week! One combo bag would be so nice!
I want these interchangeable knitting needles from KnitPicks in the nickel. If you’re a knitter, you’ve got to give these a try. I got the starter set so I could sample the three different types. Actually, I haven’t even tried the others (acrylic and wood) because I love these so much. Very similar to Addi turbos.
I can always use a new Miche shell for my big bag. This one would be perfect! It’s called the Allison.
Of course, gift cards are always appreciated: Amazon and iTunes.
Happy Mother’s Day and birthday to me!
PS. My great yearning for the iPhone is on hold until my contract is up. And the convertible Camaro is but a dream…
I thought I’d wish Jim a happy happy birthday by listing 10 things I love about him! In no particular order…
- He’s a great dad. He’s coached little league forever. He’s encouraged the boys in sports.
- He’s pretty funny. Even if we moan and groan at his endless puns, we still laugh when he makes them!
- He’s a hard worker. He truly believes in giving his all to his job while he’s there. He works long and hard.
- He knows how to disconnect from work when he leaves there. There are no work emails or phone calls ruining family time.
- He’s disciplined. Every day he has his routines and he sticks to them. It’s an amazing thing to watch!
- He’s adorable. Seriously, I think my husband is the hottest and the sexiest guy around. Yes, even more than Rick Springfield.
- He’s athletic. When we were first dating and he told me he had run 12 miles that morning, I immediately asked if he needed to rest for the entire day. Well, he didn’t. He’s like the energizer bunny…he never stops.
- He’s encouraged me on all my ventures and has never said “told you so” when something fails.
- He’s genuinely kind. He cares about people and he care about making them feel good.
- He’s an engineer by day and a musician by night. It doesn’t seem fair that I am his only audience when he plays his guitar at night.
Happy, happy birthday, Jim! I love you more than anything!